You have been anticipating this day and dreaming about it since you were a little girl. Pregnancy. Today you woke up to hear more about the pandemic across the entire globe, you feel your belly and you breathe deeply, but anxiety and fear are knocking. Peace Power Mama.
1. Power for Peace: Life is growing inside of you and your ability to go deep and KNOW you have the power physically, emotionally and spiritually to stay in peace will provide health to both you and the baby. Limit your time watching the news. Increase your time with healthy options that allow you to feel calm and encouraged. Limit your interactions with people who speak to your fears, but find the people who encourage you with wisdom and guidance. Remember your breathe is powerful. Take a deep breathe.
2. Power for Connection: Connection is still in your power. The limits of direct contact during your pregnancy and birth wasn't in your birth plan, but today is the day to find a doula or someone who you can connect with online about your hopes and dreams. A doula has been known for being supportive during birth, but even more important they are an advocate and knowledge resource for you during your pregnancy. A doula will listen to you and assist you to navigate decisions for your pregnancy and birth during the pandemic. Even with limited internet capacity, a phone call is a power connection between two people.
3. Power for Decisions: You feel emotionally exhausted and your hormones are crazy, how could anyone expect you to make decisions with the looming pandemic? When you focus your mind on your baby and only the decisions that you need to make today, you can do this. Create a mindset that sees a healthy baby, a strong mama and a supportive family. Don't loose sight of your vision and dreams and continue to be creative in your decision-making to accomplish the same outcome you had before the pandemic. You've got this!
4. Power for Happiness: We can hear you and see your rolling eyes as your read this statement Power for Happiness. Happiness may seem unrealistic in the season of uncertainty but you can choose to be happy. Surf Babyli.st to see all the cute baby products and allow your senses to experience happiness. What makes you happy? Flowers? Writing in a journal? Taking photos? Baking? Coloring? Knitting? Talking to your best friend? Choose these happy actions and you and your baby will feel happiness.
5. Power for Life: Live day-by-day. You have what you need to get through today. Even before the pandemic, our futures were unknown but we lived life to the fullest, taking in opportunities and possibly some risk. The opportunities and risks are different today than they were two weeks ago. Some of you are experiencing change of employment, knowing someone who has COVID-19, fear of contracting the virus, broken relationships and lack of toilet paper. We (the writer of this blog) are also walking day-by-day through this historic pandemic where there are no instructions. We are in this together and will get through it.
Reach out to us because we love and care for you. Let us know what we can do to encourage you at email@example.com.